Head of CGi
Type of Position: Full Time
Reports to: Chief Creative Officer / CEO
Job Level: Senior
Studio Location: VH|NY
Career Posted: NOV 10 17
Visualhouse is an international creative agency focused on creating compelling brand stories for architecture, design, and the built environment. We work worldwide with leading architects, developers, and designers on landmark projects. Each project is unique, and to each, we bring passion and expertise with our multidisciplinary creative teams skilled in 3D visualization, still imagery, film, and animation, as well as branding and interactive. Together, these disciplines form a cohesive and creative vision to produce compelling brand narratives for our clients. We have studios in New York, London, and Los Angeles.
We are currently looking for a Head of CGi to join our growing New York team to lead, develop, facilitate and oversee the production of world-class visual image and film production for an international and high-profile client base.
About The Role:
This is a new role and fantastic opportunity to contribute to the development of Visualhouse worldwide. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience in a Senior Artist or Head of CGi role and be technically proficient in relevant visualization softwares. You will oversee the production of Visualhouse studios internationally and work closely with the Chief Creative Officer and creative directors in New York, Los Angeles, and London studios. As well as this, you will have a passion for exceptional CGi production and have experience developing and refining workflows to enhance production quality and efficiency. You will highly engaged with mentoring staff and assisting with their professional development. You will be highly involved in CGi industry events and implement innovative approaches to promote the creative production of visual and film materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and refine production methods of CGi imagery and film
- Act as quality assurance to maintain production standards across Visualhouse’s international studios
- Coach, promote and identify opportunities for professional development of artists
- Lead and develop strategies related to software development and workflow efficiency
- Work in collaboration with Team Directors to forecast any resource pressure points and resolve
- Advise directors on all matters related to CGi and related topics
- Attend industry events, investigate new visualization technology and implement where appropriate
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, Vray and Corona are essential
- Knowledge of Nuke, After Effects, Rhino, Revit and SketchUp are highly desirable
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Visualization, Architecture or other related subject
- Demonstration of ongoing professional development and learning and investment in the industry
- Extensive professional experience in 3D Visualisation in a senior and/or leadership role
- Previous experience developing and delivering on strategies to enhance CGi production
- Experience in managing client and stakeholder relationships at senior level
We offer a competitive salary with benefits and the opportunity to gain a wealth of experience. In addition, we are committed to the training and nurturing of talent and staff development. Our studio is an exciting and collaborative space where we promote and encourage creative and innovative thinking.
Email your resume/CV, portfolio (PDF), and a cover letter explaining why you are right for the role and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in the subject line “VH|NY Head of CGi”.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Due to exceptionally high volumes of applications, we are only able to respond to successful candidates.
Visualhouse does not enlist recruitment agencies to fill any of it’s vacancies. Kindly, no agencies please.