Type of Position: Full Time
Reports to: CEO / CCO
Studio Location: VH|NY
Career Posted: AUG 25 16
Visualhouse is a creative design agency focused on creating compelling brand stories for architecture, design, and the built environment.
Our clients inspire us: we work worldwide with leading architects, developers, designers and agencies on landmark projects. Each one is unique, and to each we bring passion and expertise with our multi-disciplinary creative teams skilled in 3D visualization, still imagery, film and animation, as well as branding and interactive. Together these disciplines form a cohesive creative vision grounded in our client’s strategy and brief.
With a formal background in architecture, we deconstruct our clients’ wish lists and business objectives to find the most appropriate communication method to educate and engage target audiences. This enables our clients to win - whether their goal is a design competition, or to generate funding, gain planning permission, attract tenants and / or secure high levels of exposure.
MAIN OBJECTIVES FOR THE ROLE
The Creative Director has a dual function role at Visualhouse. As an in-house resource, they are responsible for the overall marketing and brand direction of Visualhouse. In addition, the Creative Director oversees the creative output of Visualhouse, with oversight of the production team and creative processes, including the ideation, presentation and execution of client branding and marketing communications campaigns; the creative quality of client projects, and the operational readiness of the production teams, all in fulfillment of Visualhouse’s brand promise to clients.
- Directing the creative function so that the environment, culture, team, capabilities, tools, processes, expectations, work style and other elements support strategic business, marketing and brand position goals of Visualhouse
- Ensuring that the creative function operates in an efficient manner
- Ensuring that services are in line with Visualhouse’s brand values
- Ensuring that Visualhouse’s high quality of creative and production is improved and upheld, maintaining consistently high standards for him/herself and others on the team
- Delivering strategic communication solutions that help clients attain their marketing and communications objectives
- Listening, asking, hearing, prioritising and translating client situation, marketing goals and information into strategic brand and campaign concepts
- Co-leading the unified creative/client management process in order to execute on client projects
- Writing and presenting cohesive and persuasive rationales for marketing approaches
- Leading the unified process of marketing/concept/design and post-production execution
- Leading the unified process of marketing/concept/design and interactive/web/video/motion graphics
- Ensuring the professional development and readiness of the production team
- Managing the evolution of the agency’s technology needs and marketing technology, and digital marketing capabilities.
- Work with account managers to identify client’s advertising needs
- Coordinate and manage the work of artists, copywriters, and editors, and direct campaign planning and execution
- Oversee the operation of the creative department and ensure projects stay on schedule and within budget.
- Present clients with proposals for advertising campaigns and ensure the final product meets the client’s expectations.
- Typical years experience in field of 2-3 years
In-house Marketing and Branding
- Create, develop and implement the delivery of Visualhouse’s marketing and brand strategy, to meet the needs of the overall business plan
- Develop and manage creative marketing initiatives in support of Visualhouse’s range of activities
- Formulate and plan Visualhouse’s annual marketing budget within the context of the Visualhouse’s overall budget
- Create marketing campaigns, content and additional promotions as required to maximise reach and brand exposure across all touchpoints online and off
- Responsible for Visualhouse marketing collateral, production and distribution including copywriting, graphic design, artistic and agency liaison, printers and freelancers
- Management of all press activity and proactive PR campaigns to maximise media coverage through editorial, listings social media and advertising
- Overall responsibility for the VIsualhouse website, its content and use of online marketing strategies
- Evaluation and monitoring of all campaigns in print and online to inform future campaign initiatives
- Protect the use of the Visualhouse brand in all forms of communication internally and externally
- Keep up to date on current marketing practice to ensure Visualhouse is positioned as a leader in its field.
The Creative Director is a key member of Visualhouse’s senior management team. They will be proactive with the drive and ambition to lead Visualhouse’s creative direction and marketing strategy. Fascinated by technology, the Creative Director is actively engaged with the continual evolution of the internet and digital marketing.
A problem-solver and information architect, the Creative Director has the ability to work with senior business minds to help them articulate their messages to their audiences, then translate them into identity and creative that is breakthrough and compelling. The Creative Director ability to draw people together to share in ideas to foster consensus and ownership.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Legally able to work in the country in which the position is based
- Able to demonstrate graphics skills, including page layout and image selection
- Excellent IT skills, including strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Interest in architecture, arts and design
- Fluent (spoken and written) in the English language
- Concentration, accuracy, great attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines while remaining calm and professional at all times
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
- Strong team management, motivational and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Superior understanding of marketing and branding principles
- Superior understanding of marcom strategies and tactics, including technologies
- Demonstrated talent for high-calibre creative conceptualisation and writing
- Ability to judge creative concepts and copy, and clearly communicate creative direction to others
- Thorough understanding of clients and their business/industry
- Excellent presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of on and offline marcom elements production
- Excellent understanding of online and interactive media production.
If you think you have the skill, experience and flair to impress, we would love to hear from you.
Please email your CV, portfolio (PDF preferred), a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in the subject line of the email the position and city you wish to apply for.