Type of Position: Full Time
Reports to: CEO
Job Level: Senior
Studio Location: VH|LN
Career Posted: JAN 08 20
Visualhouse is an international creative agency focused on creating compelling brand stories for architecture, design, and the built environment. We work worldwide with leading architects, developers and designers on landmark projects. Each project is unique, and to each we bring passion and expertise with our multidisciplinary creative teams skilled in 3D visualization, still imagery, film and animation, as well as branding and interactive. Together, these disciplines form a cohesive and creative vision to produce compelling brand narratives for our clients. We have studios in New York, London, and Los Angeles.
We are currently looking for a Finance Manager to join our London team to lead the finance function of the London, New York and Los Angeles teams of Visualhouse. Reporting to the CEO, the Finance Manager’s responsibilities will encompass: leading strategic planning across the London, New York and Los Angeles studios; finance, cash flow and billing management, development of financial control and procedures, budget management and reporting.
About the role:
It is essential that candidates have extensive experience and knowledge in managing company accounts in the UK and US and be an influential leader in implementing efficient financial processes and procedures. This is a multifaceted senior leadership role which encompasses all areas of financial processing from administration through to strategy.
- Management and reporting on Visualhouse accounts in the UK and US
- Manage and develop financial processes and budgets
- Develop financial strategy to improve cash flow and billing frequency
- Process purchase ledger including supplier invoices, statements and reconciliation of accounts
- Bookkeeping duties on a day to day basis, produce P&L reports, balance sheet risk analysis and tax returns for UK and US
- Liaise with external lawyers, accountants and contracted legal services related to client contracts etc
- Analysis of client contracts and financial viability
- Analyse and report on financial performance and efficiencies across studios
- Partner with HR director to enhance people processes
- Manage all accounts payable and receivable processes
- Manage financial (Xero) software and processing
- Management of monthly payroll payments
- Produce monthly reports related to supplier and client transactions
- Manage office hard/software procurement
- Prepare information for auditors and external accountants
- Manage petty cash files and staff expenses
- Manage, maintain and improve filing of all electronic and paper based documentation
- Carry out other ad-hoc administrative tasks as directed by CEO
- Assist with month end and tax year reporting
Skills and Experience:
- Senior financial management experience within the UK and US is essential
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant
- 6 years experience of professional experience in a similar role
- Experience in an architectural, design, marketing or media industry
- Demonstrable experience of reporting to senior leadership
- Highly meticulous with a fine attention to detail
- The ability to plan and deliver financial projects by developing effective strategies
- Demonstrable experience of the ability to foresee and mitigate risks
- Proficient with Xero
- Production of complex financial reports
- Familiarity with Google Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Docs) is highly desirable
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Annual season ticket loan
- Pension contributions
- Christmas closure
- Monthly team outings
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain a wealth of experience. In addition, we are committed to the training and nurturing of talent and staff development. Our studio is an exciting and collaborative space where we promote and encourage creative and innovative thinking.
Email your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are right for the role and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org Please state in the subject line “VH|LN Finance Manager”.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
Due to exceptionally high volumes of applications, we are only able to respond to successful candidates.
Strictly no agencies, please.