Creative Team Assistant
Type of Position: Full Time
Reports to: Design Director
Studio Location: VH|NY
Career Posted: MAR 02 17
There are exciting times ahead at Visualhouse, and we are looking for an ambitious Creative Team Assistant to work within our New York studio. In return, we offer an exciting, rewarding opportunity to make a big impact in a creative and friendly environment.
The Team Assistant role is a pivotal position in our studio. You will work closely with our Team Coordinators and Design Director to ensure work flows effortlessly between Visualhouse and our partner. You will also oversee the timelines and standards of work that are produced by our creative team, in turn managing their daily and weekly workflows. Applicant should be organized with strong project management skills, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and willing to take on a variety of tasks.
As a key contact between Visualhouse and our agency partner, the Team Assistant must also possess exceptional management and communication skills. You will represent Visualhouse at client meetings, and must therefore be confident and articulate when communicating with a wide variety and level of clients.
- Responsible for overseeing the coordination of project flow between Visualhouse and our clients, as well as manage the work
- Be a key brand advocate within the studio under management of the Team Director and MD, ensuring Visualhouse’s brand is expressed consistently across all touchpoints. Particularly in the local context of new business meetings and PR
- Monitor and report to the Design Director and Managing Director on a daily basis of workflow progress
The Team Assistant will be proactive with the drive and natural leadership ability to coordinate the work of a multidisciplinary creative team. They will be highly experienced at managing work in a deadline-orientated creative setting. Skills needed for the Team Assistant:
- Comprehensive understanding of the built environment - architecture, interiors, arts and design
- Excellent communication skills – confident, articulate and diplomatic manner
- Excellent organizational skills - ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to take significant levels of responsibility
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, or as part of an effective team
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Flexible attitude with a positive work ethic
- Able to build good business professional relationships
- A mature, responsible and professional outlook as a key external-facing representative for Visualhouse’s work and brand
- Ability to monitor key trends in the industry progression within New York
- Fluent (spoken and written) in the English language
- Educated to degree level
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in a similar management role within the design industry
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Legally able to work in the United States
If you think you have the skill, experience, and flair to impress, we would love to hear from you.
Please email your CV, portfolio (PDF preferred), a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in the subject line of the email the position and city you wish to apply for.