Type of Position: Full Time
Reports to: Design Director
Studio Location: VH|NY
Career Posted: FEB 21 17
Visualhouse is a creative design agency focused on creating compelling brand stories for architecture, design, and the built environment.
Our clients inspire us: we work worldwide with leading architects, developers, designers and agencies on landmark projects. Each one is unique, and to each we bring passion and expertise with our multi-disciplinary creative teams skilled in 3D visualization, still imagery, film and animation, as well as branding and interactive. Together these disciplines form a cohesive creative vision grounded in our client’s strategy and brief.
With a formal background in architecture, we deconstruct our clients’ wish lists and business objectives to find the most appropriate communication method to educate and engage target audiences. This enables our clients to win - whether their goal is a design competition, or to generate funding, gain planning permission, attract tenants and / or secure high levels of exposure.
MAIN OBJECTIVES FOR THE ROLE
This role will work closely with the Design Director to execute high-quality creative production on multiple projects. The designer will execute across multiple media formats and follow the lead of the Design Director's conceptual and stylistic direction. This includes internal as well as external client projects.
- Responsible for participation in collaborative design of client branding, responsive web and interactive user interfaces, and marketing communication campaigns
- Assist in the creative output of Visualhouse print/digital collateral e.g. print, digital, interactive, advertising, social media, etc
- Participate in creative brainstorms and project intake meetings
- Assist with the production of mechanicals for printed collateral
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple jobs simultaneously
- Work effectively with external vendors and internal colleagues to complete projects within timeframe and budget
- Extensive knowledge of typography, layout, color systems, and design principles
- Strong interpersonal capabilities and able to work well with a small team
- Experience managing day-to-day changes at every level of detail
- Ability to manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- 2-3 years of innovative design experience in a design, consulting, media or advertising firm with multi-industry clients
- Undergraduate degree (B.F.A.) or equivalent; or 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination education and experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, etc.) is a must!
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is necessary. Other web experience is a plus.
If you think you have the skill, experience, and flair to impress, we would love to hear from you.
Please email your CV, portfolio (PDF preferred), a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role and your salary requirements to email@example.com. Please state in the subject line of the email the position and city you wish to apply for.