Type of Position: Full Time
Reports to: CCO/COO
Studio Location: VH|NY
Career Posted: JUL 25 17
There are exciting times ahead at Visualhouse, and we are looking for an ambitious Team Director to work within our New York studio. In return, we offer an exciting, rewarding opportunity to make a big impact in a creative and friendly environment.
Visualhouse is a creative design house focused on creating compelling brand stories for architecture, design, and the built environment.
Our clients inspire us: we work worldwide with leading architects, developers, designers and agencies on landmark projects. Each one is unique, and to each we bring passion and expertise with our multidisciplinary creative teams skilled in 3D visualization, still imagery, film, and animation, as well as branding and interactive. Together these disciplines form a cohesive creative vision grounded in our client’s strategy and brief.
With a formal background in architecture, we deconstruct our clients’ wish lists and business objectives to find the most appropriate communication method to educate and engage target audiences. This enables our clients to win - whether their goal is a design competition, or to generate funding, gain planning permission, attract tenants and/or secure high levels of exposure.
Main Objectives for the Role
The Project Director (Team Director) is focused on overseeing the timelines and standards of work that are produced by the team. They will manage the workflow of the studio on a daily basis, planning daily and weekly project schedules ensuring the team is meeting any and all deadlines. Applicant should be organized, have strong project management skills, a problem solver, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and willing to take on a variety of tasks. You will represent Visualhouse at client meetings, and must, therefore, be confident and articulate when communicating with a wide variety and level of clients. Candidates should have a Bachelor degree, background in Architecture or interior design is a plus. Candidate should be able to read and comprehend architectural drawings and be proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Having the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and being a team player are among the basic essentials.
General Roles and responsibilities
- Team and project coordination
- Supervise the work of team members and coordinate documents with clients
- Motivate and inspire team members throughout the project
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally with clients – confident, articulate and diplomatic manner
- Produce and manage quotes and proposals for the projects, along with managing client expectations and quality control of delivery
- Attend client meetings and pitches
- Creative, keen and energetic
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of the built environment - architecture, interiors, arts and design
- Self-motivated and able to take significant levels of responsibility
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, or as part of an effective team
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Flexible attitude with a positive work ethic
- A mature, responsible and professional outlook as a key external-facing representative for Visualhouse
- Fluent (spoken and written) in the English language.
- Educated to degree level
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience in a similar
If you think you have the skill, experience, and flair to impress, we would love to hear from you.
Please email your CV, portfolio (PDF preferred), a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in the subject line of the email the position and city you wish to apply for.