Type of Position: Full Time
Reports to: Design Director
Job Level: Mid - Senior
Studio Location: VH|NY
Career Posted: JUL 02 18
Visualhouse is an international creative agency focused on creating compelling brand stories for architecture, design, and the built environment. We work worldwide with leading architects, developers and designers on landmark projects. Each project is unique, and to each we bring passion and expertise with our multidisciplinary creative teams skilled in 3D visualization, still imagery, film and animation, as well as branding and interactive. Together, these disciplines form a cohesive and creative vision to produce compelling brand narratives for our clients. We have studios in New York, London, and Los Angeles.
We are currently looking for a Full Stack Web Developer to consult for our growing New York creative team to develop high-quality web productions for in-house and client related projects.
About The Role:
This role will work closely with the Design Director to execute and develop high-quality web productions for in-house and client related projects. The developer must have knowledge in all stages of software development and will execute these productions across multiple media formats and follow the lead of the Design Director's conceptual and stylistic direction.
- Design overall architecture of web applications, while maintaining quality, code integrity and organization to ensure responsiveness of applications
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications and participate in collaborative team efforts with responsive, user experience and user interface design
- Responsive development experience for mobile, tablet and desktop
- Experience working with designers and converting visual design to code
- Understanding of implementation of security and data protection
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs, desktop), and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Works collaboratively and curiously
- Takes ownership and responsibility for their work and work of the team
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail
- Responds professionally to feedback and is able to admit mistakes quickly
- A self-starter who identifies opportunities and potential problems – addressing them effectively and efficiently
- Professional, flexible, and able to succeed in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to communicate in a clear, consistent, and transparent manner
- Goes above and beyond prescribed duties as and when required
- Excellent task management skills
- Ability to articulate ideas and solutions to the team
- Ability to identify and solve design problems effectively and efficiently
Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent; or 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination education and experience
- 3+ years of innovative development experience ideally in a design, media or agency with multi-industry clients
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey narrative through graphic design
- Project management skills and the ability to prioritize across multiple projects
- Must be able to apply and communicate solid rationale as part of their creative process
- Must possess excellent visual design skills with a strong sense of graphic, web and screen design
- Interest in architecture or the built environment is essential
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Christmas closure
- Healthcare contributions
- Monthly team outings
- Gym memberships
We offer a competitive salary with benefits and the opportunity to gain a wealth of experience. In addition, we are committed to the training and nurturing of talent and staff development. Our studio is an exciting and collaborative space where we promote and encourage creative and innovative thinking.
Email your resume/CV, portfolio (PDF), and a cover letter explaining why you are right for the role and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org Please state in the subject line “VH|NY Web Developer”.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Due to exceptionally high volumes of applications, we are only able to respond to successful candidates.
No agencies please.