Type of Position: Full Time
Reports to: Design Director
Studio Location: VH|NY
Career Posted: AUG 10 17
There are exciting times ahead at Visualhouse, and we are looking for an ambitious Web Developer to work within our New York studio. In return, we offer an exciting, rewarding opportunity to make a big impact in a creative and friendly environment.
Visualhouse is a creative design house focused on creating compelling brand stories for architecture, design, and the built environment.
Our clients inspire us: we work worldwide with leading architects, developers, designers and agencies on landmark projects. Each one is unique, and to each we bring passion and expertise with our multidisciplinary creative teams skilled in 3D visualization, still imagery, film, and animation, as well as branding and interactive. Together these disciplines form a cohesive creative vision grounded in our client’s strategy and brief.
With a formal background in architecture, we deconstruct our clients’ wish lists and business objectives to find the most appropriate communication method to educate and engage target audiences. This enables our clients to win - whether their goal is a design competition, or to generate funding, gain planning permission, attract tenants and/or secure high levels of exposure.
Main Objectives for the Role
This role will work closely with the Design Director to execute and develop high-quality web productions for in-house and client related projects. The developer must have knowledge in all stages of software development and will execute these productions across multiple media formats and follow the lead of the Design Director's conceptual and stylistic direction.
- Design overall architecture of web applications, while maintaining quality, code integrity and organization to ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications and participate in collaborative team efforts with responsive, user experience and user interface design.
- Experience working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements.
- Understanding of implementation of security and data protection.
- Responsive development experience for mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs, desktop), and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors (like Less or Sass).
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong interpersonal skills capable of being resourceful and a clear and articulate communicator and able to work well with a small team.
- Detail oriented mentality that can work and learn quickly and accurately, with the ability to work efficiently on multiple jobs simultaneously.
- Experience managing day-to-day changes at every level of detail.
- Ability to manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- 2-3 years of innovative development experience ideally in a design, media or agency with multi-industry clients.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent; or 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination education and experience.
If you think you have the skill, experience, and flair to impress, we would love to hear from you.
Please email your CV, portfolio (PDF preferred), a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role and your salary requirements to email@example.com. Please state in the subject line of the email the position and city you wish to apply for.