Type of Position: Full Time
Reports to: CEO
Job Level: Senior
Studio Location: VH|NY
Career Posted: AUG 14 19
Visualhouse is an international creative agency focused on creating compelling brand stories for architecture, design, and the built environment. We work worldwide with leading architects, developers, and designers on landmark projects. Each project is unique, and to each, we bring passion and expertise with our multidisciplinary creative teams skilled in 3D visualization, still imagery, film, and animation, as well as branding and interactive. Together, these disciplines form a cohesive and creative vision to produce compelling brand narratives for our clients. We have studios in New York, London, and Los Angeles.
We are currently looking for a Creative Director to join our growing New York team to lead the delivery of all creative and production projects internationally, from a strategic and operational standpoint. In addition, the Creative Director will be heavily involved in new business operations and advising the board.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. We are also able to accept applications from UK passport holders.
About the role:
You will be leading project teams internationally ensuring teams are aware of client briefs and deadlines, as well as being the go to for support on complex matters and client feedback. The role requires leadership, direction and the ability to manage multiple teams. The role is suited for a senior and experienced visionary who is able to interpret creative briefs as well as being well versed in operational, motivational and inspirational leadership. It is essential that you have previous experience in real estate, developer, marketing and creative agency sectors. This is a fantastic opportunity to exercise creative ability and expertise within an internationally renowned studio in a senior leadership role.
- Line management of Directors across New York, Los angeles and London
- Strategically lead and interpret project briefs and oversee the production and creative teams
- Vision creation for clients and management of complex briefs and high expectations through productive negotiations
- Assist CEO and COO to define project scope and deliverables and delegate as appropriate
- Lead new business strategy and sourcing across the US
- Develop proposals & concepts and deliver pitches to new and existing clients across the US
- Accountable for the timely production and sign-off of all content sent to clients (imagery, film, creative, brochures, web design, concepts, print, interactive etc)
- Manage key client relationships and facilitate positive and prospering relationships
- Report key updates to the CEO as appropriate and advise on business critical matters relating to projects, clients and teams.
- Be instrumental in building large project proposals, and tenders and appropriate billing
- Oversee production of film and photography shoots in New York and across the US
- Manage directors to ensure creative and production quality is exceptional
- Attend industry events and networking events in the interests of new business and competition
- Develop and implement a social media strategy and campaigns to engage key audiences across multiple platform
Skills and Qualifications:
- 7+ years professional experience in real estate, marketing, architectural and creative agency environments
- Degree in photography architecture, marketing, business or other relevant arts
- Proven leadership of teams and operation at senior leadership level
- Management of running multiple projects concurrently and internationally
- Experience in developing strategy and sourcing new business
- Familiarity with all aspects of production, architectural visualization and high end real estate marketing
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Christmas closure
- Healthcare contributions
- Monthly team outings
- Free gym memberships
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain a wealth of experience. In addition, we are committed to the training and nurturing of talent and staff development. Our studio is an exciting and collaborative space where we promote and encourage creative and innovative thinking.
Email your resume, portfolio (PDF), and a cover letter explaining why you are right for the role and your salary expectations to email@example.com Please state in the subject line “VH|NY Creative Director”.
Due to exceptionally high volumes of applications, we are only able to respond to successful candidates.
Strictly, no agencies. Thank you